Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Color and Style - Bookcase Edition

I just got done painting the back of the built in cabinets in our TV room. I've been wanting to do it for a long time and I'm really glad I finally did. I relied heavily on the tutorials from here and here.
 
I didn't take a good before picture. This is the best I could find.
 
Halfway through prepping to paint, I remembered I should take a before picture. The other side looked similar, packed with books of all sorts. I had already painted the room walls a lighter color - Olympic Mountains from Benjamin Moore. 


And here it is finished - mostly. The color is Bella Blue from Benjamin Moore color matched at Sherwin Williams. I'm thinking I should have been getting their Emerald paint for everything in our house. I'm still not sure about the middle/top section and there are some tweaks I'll need to make. So not exactly what I want, but much closer. It's the small things...

2 comments:

ruth burton said...

That looks way sharp! Love it.

Laura said...

I need a little of your design bug to improve some things around here! Great Job, I really like it!