Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dining Room Update

Well, after watching the crown molding being installed, I think we could have done it. It's up though and so are some curtains.

I chose the Henny Rand from IKEA with it's neutral, light pattern. I think that's the overall goal for this house: to lighten it all up. I don't mind having some contrast for interest, but overall, I really wanted to increase the chance for more light in our home. 
Now it's time to look for a rug and lighting. After that, a new table and chairs and even further down the road - a sideboard or two along with some wall art. 

So here's the before and [so far] after with some subtle but nice-for-us changes:

1 comment:

merrfam11 said...

You are a superstar to me. It looks beautiful and I love your curtains and I'm so glad you shop at IKEA because it is a down to earth store that actually exists.