Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Top Five Products for the Mother of a Newborn


I haven't been here lately because we just welcomed another baby to our family. I thought I would post some of my favorites I keep on hand with a new babe in the house.

5. Swaddling Blankets
My babies have all slept better in the first months of life when swaddled. I learned this sleep-saving technique from the nurses at the hospital when our first was born.


4. Johnson's Baby Lotion
I've tried other lotions and of course they work fine but there is just something about the smell of the pink stuff that I associate with babies. I love the way they smell already and I really love the way they smell after a bath and a bit of this applied.



3. Aquaphor Healing Ointment
My kids don't really have sensitive skin but I have found that they respond best to this when they have a diaper rash. I have tried other creams and they seem to make the problem worse since some ingredient in them burns. I always try to have some of this wherever I change diapers.

2. Boppy Pillow
This is my trusty companion while breastfeeding. Whoever came up with this has my sincere thanks. I just saw the nursing pillow on their site and I admit it would be nice to have a little extra height, but this pillow has certainly served well.



1. LilyPadz Nursing Pads
I haven't talked to too many mothers who know about these and they are by far the best product for nursing pads I know about. They stick to you, apply pressure so you don't leak, they're sleek and thin so they don't bulge and look strange under your shirt, and they're reusable! Such a great product - and it's no wonder since they're invented by a mom.






1 comment:

ruth burton said...

You're so clever. So many products nowadays that are wonderfully helpful.